Roasted veggie fries are my absolutely favourite side dish. Or just as a snack with a good film instead of packet of chips. What really is awesome, that we are using vegetables that we don't normally eat that often, but it is really great for our body as it is very healthy. And this recipe makes this veg really tasty. I said this many times...who said that healthy food can't be tasty?! Exact opposite, try this roasted veggie fries and you will see how far from the truth those words are...healthy food can really be amazing :-)
Ingredients (2-3 portions):
you can use any vegetables you like; I normally use following
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 big parsnip
- 2 x 1cm thick slices of celery root
- 1 bigger sweet potato
- 1 bigger beetroot (i absolutely love beetroot fries)
- 2 tsps olive oil
- seasoning (sea salt, pepper, rosemary)
- Preheat the oven to 180'C and prepare baking dish with a baking paper.
- Wash or peel all the veg and cut it into about 6cm long and about 1cm thick sticks.
- Put all the veg into a bowl and add oil and seasoning. Toss it well.
- Put all the veg onto a baking dish and bake for about 20-30 minutes, it depends on your oven so keep checking it so it doesn't burn.