Burgers are without a doubt my favourite food of all, but it is very important for me how they are prepared, what meat is used and what they are served with. That is why I make them at home quite often. If you like burgers, I am sure you will love this recipe.
Ingredients (makes 4)
- 500g Lean Beef Mince (no more than 5-10% fat)
- 1 Egg
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 1,5 Onion
- 4 Wholegrain Rolls (I made my own)
- 1/2 Avocado
- 100 ml quark
- 2 tsp Olive Oil or Rapeseed Oil
- 1 medium tomato
- baby spinach
- jalapeños or chilli spread (home made)
- slice the onion into very small pieces and crush 2 cloves of garlic
- in a bowl mix the mince, a pinch of salt and pepper, crushed garlic, egg and onion together
- divide the mixture into 4 equal pieces and gently form it into a burger shape
- place your 4 burgers on a plate, cover with clingfilm and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes (this makes them firm)
- make guacamole - remove the skin from the 1/2 of avocado and place the avocado in a bowl. Crush up 1 clove garlic and mix with fork until it is a smooth paste, add salt and pepper to taste and mix
- preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius and prepare a baking tray with tin foil. Place the tray in the oven to heat up first.
- lightly brush each burger with oil (to stop it sticking) and place on the tray and place in the oven for 5-10 minutes.
- take the burgers out and turn them over and place back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes or until they are cooked through.
- preheat 1 tsp of oil in a pan, squeeze garlic and add baby spinach and stir fry
- cut the buns in half and toast
- put guacamole on one half of toasted bun and add spinach
- put quark on the other half of the toasted bun and add chilli spread or jalapeños, then add rucola, slice of tomato and slice of onion
- when the burgers are ready remove them from the oven and put them on the burger buns
I served them with sweet potato oven baked chips.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 360 Kcal
- 30g Carb
- 12.3g Fat
- 35g Protein
Why don't you share your favourite burger recipes and toppings here?