You know how much I love to experiment. I always try to get as much nutrients as possible with every food and not to eat "empty" calories so thats why I always add healthy ingredients into recipes. So here is another experiment.
Ingredients (9 pieces)
1 piece - 96 to 100g into a baking dish 30 x 30 cm:
- 410 g cooked beetroot
- 100 g butter
- 200 g of 75% dark chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 100 g wholegrain spelt flour
- 30 g cocoa powder
- 2 tsp molasses
- Add cooked beetroot into a blender and blend it well.
- In the mean time melt the butter and dark chocolate and then add to beetroot.
- Mix everything together.
- Split egg whites and yolks.
- Add molasses into egg whites and whisk into soft peaks.
- Mix the yolks with a fork and add into the egg whites and gently mix together.
- Finally add beetroot mix and mix gently.
- Then sift flour and add to the beetroot mix along with cocoa powder and make a dough, then pour into the baking dish and bake for 20 minutes in preheated 180'C oven.