Here is a recipe for a pizza base made from cauliflower! This means it has a lot less calories and a lot less carbs than normal pizza. It tastes slightly different to normal pizza but I think it is awesome!
1. Heat your oven to 200 degrees celsius and prepare a baking tray by greasing it or putting baking paper on it.
2. Remove the leaves and stalk from the cauliflower (if using frozen cauliflower defrost it and drain it first) and blend it in a food processor (you can also try grating it if you do not have a food processor).
3. Microwave the blended cauliflower for 5-6 minutes and then allow it to cool. Place the cauliflower into a clean tea towel or cheesecloth and squeeze out as much water as possible.
4. Grate the mozzarella and mix it with the cauliflower, egg, oregano, salt and pepper in a bowl.
5. Place the cauliflower mixture on the centre of the baking tray and spread out to form a pizza base ( I make it slightly thicker than a normal thin crust pizza). Spread the olive oil on top of the pizza base and place in the oven for 18-20 minutes.
6. Take it out of the oven and you can either freeze it for later or place your own toppings on and cook for another 10-15 minutes!
Nutrition (per base)
368 Calories, 31g Carbs, 31g Protein, 17g Fat