I love my grandmother's garden Looks and smells amazing. You can do so much from so "little". Looking at all the vegetables, I was trying to see, what I could create so I made bean spread added other ingredients and made an amazing sandwich with loads of different flavours. On one slice of toasted multigrain bread i put:
- bean spread (recipe below)
- sliced red pepper (stir fried with 0,5 tsp of olive oil with salt, pepper, oregano and coriander)
- sliced avocado (unfortunately thats not from my grandmothers garden )
On the other toasted slice i put homemade chilli paste (my grandmother's recipe) and quark.
On the side I stir fried cherry tomatoes with 0,5 olive oil, oregano, chopped basil and salt and pepper.
- boil beans of your choice until soft in water with seasoning (bay leaves, salt and pepper)
- blend 2/3 of the boiled beans and then mix with the remaining beans
- mix with quark to your taste
- chopped onion
- chopped baby spinach
- salt, pepper to your taste
Mix everything together. Very simple, full of fibre, protein and good carbs
I can't wait for the summer and all the goodness from my grandmother's garden