Not everyone likes meat, or sometimes we just need a little break from meat. That is why is always good to know some good vegetarians recipes. You will love this Indian Chickpea Curry.
Ingredients (for 4 portions)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic
- 1cm fresh ginger (grated)
- 1 chilli papper
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tin (400g) chopped tomatoes or fresh tomatoes (whats best for you), but make sure the tin tomatoes do not have added sugar or any other additives.
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 1 tin chickpea or 150g dried chickpea (needs to be cooked)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 black pepper
- handful of fresh coriander
- 1/2 lime juice
- and serve it with wholegrain couscous (100g cooked couscous) or pita bread or both
- Chop the onion into small pieces and cook it in the oil.
- Add chopped garlic, grated ginger, chopped chilli paprika (if you don't want it to be too spicy, remove the seeds), curry powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, paprika powder and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add tinned tomatoes and coconut milk and mix it
- Add drained chickpea, salt and pepper
- Fresh coriander chop into small pieces and add to the cooking curry and cook until done, for about 5-10 minutes
- Serve it with wholegrain couscous (100g cooked couscous) or pita bread or both