The recipe is for 3 dishes.
- 1 sweet big sweet potato, chopped into chunks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1/2 greeen pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, squashed
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander
- 1/2 - 1 fresh red chilli, chopped, the amount is up to you, depending on how spice you like your chilli
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 heaped tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 400g tin of beans, rinsed
- 400g tin of tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 1 greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- Put the chopped sweet potatoes into a bawl and coat with 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 pinch of salt, pepper and cinnamon. Put on a baking trey and bake for about 30 minutes, or until golden and tender. Depending on your oven.
- Preheat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan and add onion and pepper. Cook for about 5-10 minutes over a low to medium heat until softened.
- Add garlic, chilli and the spices and cook for about a minute or two.
- Add beans and tomatoes and stir well. Add salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then reduce to medium-low heat and leave to cook for 20 minutes, or until thickened. Keep an eye on it and add a splash of water to loosen, if needed.
- Stir in the coriander leaves.
- With the fork squash the avocado and add salt and pepper.
- Delicious served with guacamole and greek yogurt.